Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Magic Of Line



One of the most amazing exhibitions I've ever went to was "The Magic Of Line" at The Getty Center.
Showcasing some of Klimt's earlier works and his sketches for his famous pieces.
My respect for him went up a million notches.

Similar to Goya, Dali, and Toulouse-Lautrec, Klimt was an artistic genius that made his own decision to step outside of the box. 

The fact that he can sketch these incredible works of art with just pencil and white crayon...
His use of line is incredible.
So minimalistic -- he doesn't need to use many small lines.

You can see the confidence seeping of the paper.

Enjoy.



-----------------


One of Klimt's most famous paintings -- The Kiss.
Have you ever seen the original sketch?

I have.



------------------







All of these sketches are in the "Gustav Klimt THE MAGIC OF LINE" book.  
I'm not a huge advocate for advertising on my blog, but I highly recommend purchasing this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment