Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Patterns, patterns, patterns!

Instructions
 One Element, Many Patterns

1. Devise a single element, such as a dot, diamond, squiggle, or square.

2. Copy and repeat the element in columns or rows to make an overall pattern.

3. Vary the spacing of the elements in the rows to create variation.

4. Continue to create new variations by varying the size of the elements, by creating overlapping rows of elements, and changing the color, size, and orientation of elements.

Take your best 5 variations and print them each at tabloid size for critique

--------------------------

                   This weeks Digital Art assignment.  We had a similar one in the past, so I didn't really love this one!  It also didn't help that I was up until 4am the night before finishing it off... (#ProcrastinationFail)  The music-lover in me decided to use a Bass Clef symbol as my "shape".  I was able to create 5 completely different patterns.  What do you think?

                  今週のDIGITAL ARTの宿題は一つの小さい、シンプルな形を使って新しい模様を作る事。この前同じような宿題があったので、少しダルかったです。。でも完成品を見てください!音楽の大好きな私は低音部記号を使って五つの模様を作りました!


              I really like this one!                      自分ではこの模様が一番嫌い!!


This was the first one I made.


低音部記号だと思えないでしょ!



Can't believe these are just bass clefs rotated!  This is probably my favorite one.

1 comment:

  1. I love your assignments! I want to do this just for fun haha.
    And I definitely like the last two best (I can't decide between the two). The second last one looks so much like flowers it's so cute.
    ラブラブyou. And the procrastination.

    ReplyDelete