Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cover me with music.



Oh Grey's you've done it again.

If you know me, you know that I am one of the most loyal Grey's Anatomy fans in the world.  I have followed this series since I was a pre-teen, all the way up to the latest episode which aired 03/06/14.  And although I could go into the details of this season-changing episode, I will refrain and get straight to the point of this blog post;  

THE MUSIC.



Grey's Anatomy is famous for picking up cover bands and less-known musical geniuses and making them huge via their show.

Remember Ingrid Michaelson's The Chain and The Weepies World Spins Madly On?*

The show also immortalized Keane's Somewhere Only We Know and Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars by using them as exceptionally placed soundtracks within a riveting story-line.  We all know that once you tie an emotion to a song, the song will never be the same again...

We've seen countless success stories emerge from this show, and the latest episode delivers some more. These are brand new songs from rising artists, so we're going to have to overlook the pathetic and painfully unartistic videos.


J2 Feat Cameron the Public
The Man In the Mirror (Original by Michael Jackson) 
Powerful. Different. Gritty.

CLICK HERE for the Song
Young Summer
Don't You Want Me (Original by Human League)
Haunting. Enchanting. Beautiful.

* And we can never forget this beautiful animation set to The Weepies' song can we?  "Thought of you" -- holding on strong as my favorite ever short animation clip.


No comments:

Post a Comment