Tuesday, June 19, 2012

金魚すくい


 This was brought to my attention by a good friend of mine; Danielle Johnson.
On first glance, I admitted that this was beautiful work.

But it wasn't until I watched the short movie clip that I understood the true genius behind this artwork.  Being from Japan, these works completely capture the summer feeling I get whilst hanging out at the summer street festivals.  The game depicted in these artworks are local to Japan -- fishing for goldfish from a tub. 

Check out the video and understand the amazing technique used by Riusuke Fukahori.
Don't be shocked when you realize that these aren't real 3D objects, but are in fact paintings.







1 comment:

  1. omg i've seen this on pinterest before!
    cho omoshiroi right. i went to the site cuz i wanted to get one but kekko takai ne

    ReplyDelete