Monday, September 12, 2011

Shadow dance


An excerpt from a dance performance "True"
Direction and LED Design:Takayuki Fujimoto
Sound design+programing and LED programming: Daito Manabe
Dancer: Tsuyoshi Shirai and Takao Kawaguchi

                One of the most amazing dances I've ever seen, especially coupled with light and shadow.  I can't imagine how long it took them to choreograph the dance, moving around the shadow and combining the two dancers' shadows together.  I love how the movement of the light is syncopated and not smooth -- making it seem like a series of photos or something.  The movement itself is kept simple, which is good, but the amount they both spin is enough for a person to go mad...  I also saw glimpses of written word with lights in the back, I think that gave it the extra umph.  I would love to watch the entire performance one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment